Trex Horizontal fencing is a composite privacy system from the leading brand in outdoor living. Horizontal merges elements of Seclusions, the vertically-oriented fence system from Trex, and Horizons, the contemporary horizontal fence that combines the FDS-exclusive Horizons frame system with Trex composite components.
Like Seclusions, Horizontal uses a composite top rail and an aluminum-reinforced bottom rail that gives the fence an attractive cap-and-trim look. The fence has the same look on both sides and provides full privacy thanks to unique interlocking pickets.
All three of the Trex Fencing systems (Seclusions, Horizontal, and Horizons) provide unprecedented strength and longevity, virtually no maintenance requirements, and an elegance that is distinct in design.
The low-profile black aluminum side rails for Trex Horizontal Fencing attach to the posts to secure the pickets in place. Installation is easy. No specialty tools or previous experience required. Horizontal is also an alternative to the sleek, contemporary Trex w/Horizons Horizontal fence system. For more information about the Horizons alternative, visit the Trex w/Horizons product page.
Plate (Post Cap Alternative for Flush Top)
Aluminum Horizontal Rail Insert (Top)
Aluminum Horizontal Rails Insert (Bottom)
Pickets / Bottom Rail Covers
Aluminum Vertical Rails
Brackets / Angle Adaptors
Ready to get started? We’re here to help. If you are preparing for the installation of your Trex Horizontal Fencing in the our installation guide, tips & tricks, supplemental construction information, and step-by-step video will help you through the process. Building a Trex horizontal fence isn’t difficult and these installation resources will make it even easier. Need additional support? Give us a call at 877-700-8739. So, get your tool belt on and be prepared for an amazing new fence!
Horizontal Installation Video
Quick Tips for Installation
- Trex Horizontal Fencing post centers: 8′.
- Posts do not require internal reinforcement except for gate hinge posts or fences taller than 8′.
- Set posts in ground with concrete.
- Fence height is adjustable by cutting posts, rails and pickets.
- Cut composite with regular wood-cutting blades.
- Cut aluminum with non-ferrous blade.
- If pickets do not interlock evenly, rip cut the bottom picket and screw into bottom rail.
- Fence can be installed on a slope. This will require cutting pickets and rails which can be accomplished most quickly with a table and jig.
- Trex Horizontal Fencing pre-built gates are available.
- If installing in high heat, high humidity areas, pickets may swell and warp. Add a back bracing rail to reduce picket deflection (contact FDS for more details).
Trex Horizontal Fencing - Designed for Durability
Who said that performance and style had to be mutually exclusive? Trex Horizontal Fencing was developed to offer consumers a highly durable fence with a completely unique design. Like all Trex products, form and function both matter. Interested in buying a Trex Horizontal fence? Contact Us today!